Subscription

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Out of the Mouth of Babes

 



Friends, this week's Newsmaker Show is replete with gold-plated analysis of the election results from Tuesday, including right here in the People's Republic of New York and in the Celestial Kingdom of DeSantia.  Brian and I also consider President Biden's bold decision to spend more of your money on student loan forgiveness, the teetering American psyche, plus the likelihood that California will succeed in its ambition to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars.


When we turn to "This Day in History", Brian and I analyze the legacy of Samantha Smith, kid activist in the 1980s who paid a goodwill visit to the Soviet Union, and we also talk about German atrocities in Belgium in 1914, President Reagan's stance on civil rights, and President Truman's seizure of the railways in 1950 and the disturbing precedents that exist in American history for the curtailment of almost all of our rights.


Gee, sounds like a real downer!  And yet...you'd be a fool not to tune in...


https://wlea.net/newsmaker-august-25-2022-dr-nick-waddy/

 

***

 

In other news, I said recently that we'll know the recession in the housing market is real when prices actually start to fall.  We didn't have long to wait!

 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/home-prices-tumble-july-posting-biggest-decline-2011 


Finally, are you ready for Reason # 337 why the 2020 election was rigged in Joe Biden's favor?  Here it is.  There's a real possibility that good news about COVID vaccines was delayed until after the election so as to ensure Trump's defeat.


https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/covid-19-vaccines-nate-silver/2022/08/25/id/1084664/

4 comments:

  1. Dr . Waddy from Jack : I earned college debt from 1965 to 1975. I used four years on an aircraft carrier to pay off some of it and to justify further benefits, which helped to reduced my indebitness. But I did pay it all off!








    btntness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray to Jack

    What aircraft carrier? What debt? You told me you were a Commander in the Soviet Navy, Black Sea Fleet, from 1965-1975. I'm confused. What's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray from Jack: You have uncovered my dark secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack, you and I are in the same boat. Well, not the same BOAT, but the same situation: I paid off all my loans too. Anyone who did so should be wary of forgiving the debts of the present (over-coddled) generation.

    Ray, your confusion is easily resolved: Jack was a double agent and technically served BOTH the U.S. and Soviet navies. You don't think all his endless denunciations of communism are sincere, do you? He's been speaking facetiously this whole time. I guess you weren't in on the joke... Ha!

    ReplyDelete