Friends, I won't pretend that I'm a country music fan or that I knew diddly squat about Dolly Parton, but I saw 9 to 5 and quite enjoyed it, so allow me to join the chorus of voices wishing ole Dolly Godspeed!
https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20201204-how-dolly-parton-became-the-worlds-best-loved-celebrity
In other news, everyone's favorite trillionaire, Elon Musk, is about to build another sprawling "Starbase" -- this time in the great state of Louisiana. The sky is the limit when it comes to Musk and SpaceX, if you ask me. I would buy stock in SpaceX before I would buy it in Tesla, that's for sure.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cq5xel4v642o
Finally, you may have heard that we've unleashed economic armageddon on the Iranians. Well, why not? This does rather beg the question of why we didn't put maximum pressure on Iran at the beginning of the conflict, but hey -- better late than never. Iran really does seem to be struggling economically. Why the leadership there thinks all this is a good idea is beyond me... I know we're the "Great Satan" and all, but why poke Satan in the eye? Seems to me the mullahs have bitten off more than they can chew. They might end up defrocked, or even decapitated!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2026/08/25/scott-bessent-is-right-about-iran-attack-economy/

No comments:
Post a Comment