Friends, the new (which is to say, slightly used) Air Force One is now fully operational, and it includes many enhacements over the planes it's replacing. What's more, it was "free" -- it was a gift from the government of Qatar, and we only had to refurbish it. Naturally, this arrangement outrages the Democrats. They'd much prefer that we spent billions of taxpayer dollars. Of course, everything outrages the Democrats, so all their fulminations are equally compelling, which is to say: not much. In any case, I wish President Trump many a bon voyage!
https://www.wsj.com/us-news/air-force-one-qatari-maiden-flight-16bbff04?st=KX9tvq

Dr. Waddy from Jack: I once read that the surviving Wright Brother in the late '40s briefly piloted the new B36 bomber. It had a wingspan longer than the brothers' initial flight! I was stationed near Seattle when Boeing was developing the 747. One went over once going so slow it looked like an airship. I saw an amusing ad for Singapore Airlines in about 1973 which featured a gentleman entering the lounge deck of a 747. "So, this is the Raffles Lounge; superb!" he allowed. This, 70 years after the Wright Brother's first flight. Astonishing ;especially when you consider there were lots of people still with us then who could remember preflight civilization.
ReplyDeleteAnger may well be the default emotion for the perfectionist far left DSA/Dems. Of course, truly perfect people would not suffer the imperfection of having to resort to any manner of default. They would be "totally" free of it, as Marx promised they would be.
RAY TO DR. WADDY AND JACK
ReplyDeleteMay you both have a wonderful July 4th weekend. God Bless!
Ray from Jack: Same to you. God certainly has blessed this country.
ReplyDeleteJack, I saw a 747 landing in Toronto just the other day. I still say it's one of the most imposing and majestic "jumbos" around. I'm glad our presidents will be taking wing in them for the foreseeable future. They're American icons.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, Ray and Jack, for the Independence Day wishes! Sorry I've been so remiss in blogging, but personal matters have intruded (to put it mildly).