Subscription

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Keep Calm and Carry On, Boris!



Friends, it's no secret that many Britons and Europeans are rooting for Prime Minister Boris Johnson to fail in his quest to make Brexit a reality.  He will need everything in his bag of tricks to drag an unwilling Parliament and Euro-elite over the finish line.  My latest article gives him some helpful advice on how he might be able to manipulate Parliament and the EU.  Essentially, I recommend breaking Brexit into pieces, and deferring action on the most contentious elements until after Brexit, in a legal sense, is a fact.  See what you make of it.

https://townhall.com/columnists/nicholaswaddy/2019/07/31/boris-johnson-if-parliament-wont-swallow-the-brexit-pill-try-breaking-it-in-half-n2550909

5 comments:

  1. Dr. Waddy: Your analysis of the prospects appears highly plausible and I hope you are right. Not only is it best that Britain protect its sovereignty, which is impossible in the EU but a Brexit successful Johnson could be just the leader to guide them through a hazardous future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jack and since I do agree, I wont add anything more to it.

    Dr. Waddy, as for Marianne Williamson, my fascination is one of purely humor. I enjoy her wit--or lack of, LOL. Now that she done an interview about anti depressants, that truly explains a lot, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda: I wonder, I wonder; do you think she is catching on? I'm only half joking. The Dems are far enough off their rockers that I wouldn't put it past them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pity the Conservatives lost the recent by-election. Boris's government really does hang by a thread!

    As for Marianne Williamson, I don't know much about her. Whether she and Yang will make it to the next debate stage is the big question. If not, you can count on the fact that politically they're dead in the water.

    ReplyDelete