Subscription

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Disconnect



Friends, if you want to know what's wrong with America, consider these two stories, both related to President Trump's sterling State of the Union speech.  The first documents the strongly positive reaction by those who viewed the speech, including many Democrats and Independents.  The second chronicles the sad story of the Washington Post's initially neutral headline about the State of the Union, to which liberals reacted with rage and incomprehension...and then the WaPo changed the headline to suit its neurotically Trump-hating readership.  What's wrong with this picture?  I trust you can figure it out!

http://www.businessinsider.com/polls-trump-approval-state-of-the-union-speech-loved-2018-1

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/31/washington-post-changes-front-page-liberals-lose-it-on-twitter/#.WnHdON4gUoc.twitter

2 comments:

  1. I know it is important to read the MSM (Mainstream Media) like the Post, but I would never trust it to be the truth. One thing I have been taught these last few years is to get my news and resources from many different places (and be able to back it up). So glad SUNY Alfred State prepared me for SUNY Geneseo.

    I, for one, thought President Trump's SOTU was pretty good, however, I did not care for the outright nonsense of a certain political party, which hardly got a notice in the MSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! Getting your news from a variety of sources, including some you find odious, is very important if you want to stay grounded in the truth.

    ReplyDelete